Job Vacancy: Communication Officer
The Asia Democracy Network is looking to hire a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Collaborate with the program and advocacy team on publicizing to and communicating with the ADN target audience on alerts and other information regarding pressing democracy issues.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other promotional material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and press conferences.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Proficient in spoken and written English language.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
This position is a mobile position and can be based anywhere in their current residence.
Interested candidates send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with subject: Communication Officer Position by February 28, 2021.